WCB Resources announces that the scout drill testing of the Misima porphyry prospect is at a depth of 695.1 metres. Drilling is advancing at a better than anticipated rate with good recoveries.

Detailed logging of the diamond drill core including magnetic susceptibility measurements are being completed as per standard routine protocols and procedures. Samples for the first 190 metres of drill are in Brisbane undergoing analysis.

A further 240 metres of samples have been dispatched from site. Sampling is conducted under the supervision of suitably qualified personnel and samples are stored in a locked facility prior to dispatch to Brisbane.

A visual geological estimate and summary of the first drill hole indicates that a significant proportion estimated at greater than 30% by volume is comprised of intrusive porphyritic andesite with the remaining 70% comprising Ara Schist metasediments and volcanics. The host rocks are variably fractured and have intense chlorite - illite - carbonate alteration. Zones of intense overprint alteration are also observed. Minor albite and epidote alteration are also observed.

Fine chalcopyrite is visible replacing mafic minerals in the intrusive rocks and as minor veins in the host schist. Comparisons with previous historic Noranda holes can be drawn which returned up to 0.1% copper but were not analysed for gold or silver.

WCB's president and CEO Cameron Switzer says, “The drilling is targeted on mutually supporting data including high order surface geochemistry, field mapping of geology and alteration and aeromagnetic data suggesting a large coincident magnetic high.

“This initial scout drill program is designed to test the most prospective components of this system with varying geological and geophysical characteristics. Drilling is ongoing and is progressing very well.

“Samples of suitable material are also being collected for the testing of magnetic remnance aimed at determining the orientation of the altered host rock magnetic field. This test work will be used to refine the geometric shape of the magnetic models. Drill testing is continuing with alteration intensity and total sulphide content increasing.”

The hole is the first component of a scout drill program comprising of up to five drill holes. The remainder of the drill sites are being progressively prepared.

WCB Resources is an aggressive minerals exploration and development company that brings together a strong, interdisciplinary, and proven management team with the ability to take a project from discovery right through to operation. WCB is focused on the exploration and development of the tier 1 Misima project on Misima Island.

Resource Center Whitepapers, Videos, Case Studies

Conferences & Events

No events