Are you interested in tapping into the lucrative Asia Pacific mining market? If so, The ASIA Miner has a new event you might be interested in. We have teamed up with Mining IQ, the fastest growing online information portal for the mining industry, to present AusAsia-MinTech.
The inaugural event will take place on August 26 and 27 at the Convention & Exhibition Centre in Perth, Western Australia.
This new biennial event is for C-level, MDs, GMs, divisional heads, project directors of business improvement/operational excellence, technology & innovation, infrastructure, R&D & information, and management from mining companies, EPCMs and contractors.
It will focus on technological, infrastructure and investment successes in the mining sector. The event will bring together major stakeholders from mining, engineering firms, government and service providers to share case study examples of driving technology and skills advancements within mining projects from across the Asia Pacific region.
Among the presentations already scheduled are:
- BHP will discuss overall mining effectiveness improvement and how the use of technology can accelerate and improve the quality of this piece of work;
- Canadian-based Monument Mining will share insights into how technology enables them to have production cash costs amongst the lowest in the world for their Selinsing Gold Mine in Malaysia;
- Alcoa will educate on strategies on how to reduce unplanned maintenance work, optimize costs and productivity;
- The Australasian Fleet Management Association will disclose how to optimize fleet management;
- Thiess will discuss how to achieve some of the highest productivity in open cut truck and shovel operations through optimizing availability and utilization of haulage; and
- Rio Tinto will speak about automation and communications.
Confirmed speakers include Sumatra Copper & Gold managing director Julian Ford, Aspire Mining managing director David Paull, Discovery Metals chief information officer Wolfgang Krause, Iluka Resources operations manager Stuart Forrester and Octagonal Resources general manager Jason Mills.
Event sponsors are Dassault Systemes, One Key Resources, Delta-V Experts, Granite Power, Centron Energy, QinetiQ and Bluefield. www.ausasia-mintech.com