Rio Tinto Coal Australia has ordered a P&H MinePro 4100XPC electric rope shovel as part of plans to increase production at the Mount Thorley Warkworth (MTW) coal mine in New South Wales.
The new shovel is scheduled to be commissioned in the second half of 2011.
P&H MinePro Services (Australasia) vice president and managing director Tim Moore says, “The 4100XPC shovel provides a variety of benefits, including reduced carbon emissions, bigger payloads, faster cycle times, consistent productivity as well as new technology developments resulting in a new level of performance.
“The 4100XPC shovel will have a 62.7 cubic metre Optima Plus dipper, which will allow it to two-pass load the 220 tonne class haul trucks at the mine site. It will include the P&H Centurion Control System, which has proven itself as a breakthrough in equipment communication, command, and control-drive technology.
“P&H shovels are a very recognizable sight within Australasia. Currently there are more than 55 electric rope shovels at work within various Australasian mine sites, including five 4100XPC shovels,” Tim Moore says.
Rio Tinto Coal Australia’s managing director Bill Champion says the shovel is part of plans to increase production at the MTW mine. The company already has four P&H machines operating at MTW including three electric rope shovels and one large dragline, which have reportedly achieved over 350,000 combined operating hours.
“This new shovel is an important part of our plans to continue increasing production, with the progressive commissioning of new mining equipment,” he says.
MTW and P&H first began their professional relationship 24 years ago in 1986 with the commissioning of a single P&H 2800XP.
MTW is an integrated operation of two open cut mines located adjacent to each other in the Hunter Valley region. It annually supplies international and domestic markets with up to 10 million tonnes of semi-soft coking coal and thermal coal.
www.minepro.com.au

Resource Center Whitepapers, Videos, Case Studies

Conferences & Events

No events