Gemcom Software International has released Gemcom Whittle 4.4, the latest version of its strategic mine planning software for open pit mines.
When exploration and mining companies need to evaluate the financial viability and the optimal mine strategy for a deposit, they turn to Whittle because it enables them to determine their investment strategy and to deliver robust mine plans that maximize profitability.
This release incorporates the new Simultaneous Optimization module which allows mining companies to unlock additional net present value from their mining operations by handling optimization mechanisms concurrently rather than sequentially.
The Simultaneous Optimization module marks a continuation of the relationship between Gemcom and the Whittle family. Since Gemcom purchased Whittle Programming in 2001, Jeff and Gerald Whittle have remained at the forefront in the field of strategic mine planning, providing consulting services to clients around the world through their company Whittle Consulting.
Gemcom's vice president of corporate development Cameron Reed says, “The mining industry is in search of new ways to maximize the economic value of their businesses and the Simultaneous Optimization module will play an important role in enabling this goal to be realized. With the Whittle software in use all over the world, mining companies can quickly begin benefiting from the additional value the new module will deliver.”
Whittle Consulting's managing director Gerald Whittle says, “The incorporation of some of our proprietary algorithms into the Simultaneous Optimization module will provide many mining companies with a powerful new solution that reflects the fact that all mines are money mines, whose planners are tasked with maximizing economic return. Simultaneous optimization techniques have been found to significantly increase NPV because they allow for the consideration of the interaction between several optimization mechanisms.”
www.gemcomsoftware.com

Resource Center Whitepapers, Videos, Case Studies

Conferences & Events

No events