Mindoro Resources' wholly-owned Philippine subsidiary, MRL Gold Phils (MRL) received several awards from the Philippine Mine Safety and Environment Association (PMSEA) during the annual National Mine Safety and Environment Conference in Baguio City.
MRL received the following awards:
- 2010 Platinum Achievement Award: Presidential Mineral Industry
- Environmental Award, Mineral Exploration Category - for environment, safety and health management/community development for the Agata Project
- 2010 Safest Exploration Award, Category A - For the Agata Project.
- Second Runner-up: 2010 Best Mining Forest Contest - Agata Project.
- Plaque of Appreciation to MRL/Gold Fields Joint Venture, Batangas Project - for incurring Zero Lost Time Accident for 2009-2010.
The PMSEA Selection Committee consists of representatives from the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR), Philippine Mine Safety and Environment Association (PMSEA) and industry peers belonging to the Philippine Chamber of Mines.
Mindoro's CEO Jon Dugdale says, "The awards reflect Mindoro's continuing commitment to excellence in its environmental, safety and community relations programs, and we especially endorse the strenuous efforts of the PMSEA and the various departments of the DENR in working closely with industry to achieve the highest possible standards for the Philippine mining industry in the areas of environment, safety and community relations."
Mindoro controls major nickel laterite resources in the Surigao District of Mindanao where the company is assessing the potential to develop a value-added direct shipping ore (DSO) operation to generate early cash flow as well as large scale potential for an onsite processing plant.