Medusa Mining’s Philippine subsidiary Philsaga Mining says the latest drill program at the operating Co-O mine continues to confirm vein continuity and provide information for a planned extension.  1

Highlights of the surface and underground drilling completed in January include 3 metres @ 19.08 grams/tonne gold, 1.2 metres @ 749.88 grams/tonne gold and 1.7 metres @ 30.25 grams/tonne gold.

The company says surface drilling since June 30, 2012 continues to provide resource infill and extension information for mine planning to the east and west of the Oriental Fault.

Drilling west of the Tinago Fault has consistently intersected veins with some indications that grades in places may be increasing at depth.

Underground drilling continues to confirm vein continuity and is providing additional information on vein splits and new veins not intersected by surface drilling.

Medusa’s managing director Peter Hepburn-Brown says. “The Co-O mine drilling continues to deliver high grade intersections over a strike length of approximately 2km and at depth. The drilling indicates the vein system appears to be weakening to the west of the Tinago Fault particularly near surface with the possibility of some higher high grades at depth.”

Underground development shows that in many cases as the veins approach cross-cutting faults, they narrow down on both sides of the fault over 5 to 10 metres before widening out, and hence the narrower intersections are important in defining vein continuity.

Drilling is continuing at the site with four surface and three underground rigs, with results expected in the September quarter.

www.medusamining.com.au

Resource Center Whitepapers, Videos, Case Studies

Conferences & Events

No events