Queensland Premier Campbell Newman has officially opened Evolution Mining’s Mt Carlton Gold-Silver-Copper Project which signifies the company’s $200 million investment in the region.

Since 2006, Evolution has explored, evaluated and developed the mine site to result in the new operation which is expected to be the lowest cost mine in the company’s portfolio.

“I’m delighted by the boost to local businesses and the Queensland economy. Mt Carlton is expected to create 135 fulltime jobs when in full production and further boost the competitiveness of Queensland’s resources sector,” says Premier Newman.

Evolution’s executive chairman Jake Klein says it’s a significant achievement to have brought the mine to production in such a short time frame. “To be opening a mine, only seven years since its discovery in 2006 is a tribute to the business environment in Australia and in particular Queensland.”

Once in full production, Mt Carlton is expected to produce average annual payable gold of about 55,000 ounces gold equivalent.

“The current mine life is at least 12 years and we expect this will be significantly longer through exploration success. We must also advance the social and economic conditions of the communities in which we operate, by supporting local businesses in supply and procurement, sponsoring training and apprenticeships and maintaining a strong focus on local recruitment,” saya Jake Klein.

The mine’s processing plant is in ramp-up stage with full capacity expected to be achieved in the September quarter. It has already processed 10,000 tonnes of ore with an average grade of 217 grams/tonne silver. Average silver recovery to concentrate has been 67.6%, producing 689 dry tonnes which is awaiting shipment to China for smelting.

www.evolutionmining.com.au

Resource Center Whitepapers, Videos, Case Studies

Conferences & Events

No events