China Gold International Resources and its controlling shareholder China National Gold Group Corporation have deployed machinery and team members to help free the bodies of mine workers buried at Ze Ri Mountain in the Tibet Autonomous Region after a major landslide which is believed to have cost 83 lives. The landslide occurred on March 29, dumping about 2 million cubic metres of rock and debris over an area 3km in length near Si Bu village.  1

The company immediately assembled its rescue team to assist with the government’s rescue program aimed at finding the miners and bringing them to the surface. The miners were employed by contractors working for China Gold subsidiary Tibet Huatailong Mining Development.

This rescue work is top priority for the Chinese Central Government and the Government of the Tibet Autonomous Region, who are heading the on-site emergency rescue.

China Gold’s senior management are assisting the rescue operation at the site, and 10,000 pieces of relief materials, 129 sets of machinery, equipment and vehicles and more than 1000 experts have also been deployed.

The company’s chairman Zhaoxue Sun says, “Our deepest condolences go to the family, friends and fellow workers of the victims. Our primary objective is to do our utmost to assist the government in their rescue and recovery efforts. The company’s people-oriented ideology has always been and will unswervingly be implemented in our future operations.”

China Gold’s Jiama copper-polymetallic mine production facilities are about 10km away from the disaster site. No substantial impact or damage has occurred at the Jiama facilities and its operations are being maintained despite some staff and machinery being mobilized to the rescue effort. The Canadian company also operates the CSH gold mine in Inner Mongolia.

www.chinagoldintl.com

Resource Center Whitepapers, Videos, Case Studies

Conferences & Events

No events