India Resources has recorded its highest ever production at the Surda copper mine during the March quarter, with 119,595 tonnes of copper ore coming out of the north-eastern India site. This included record monthly production for March with 42,614 tonnes of ore, which resulted after India Resources increased its workforce and implemented strategies to streamline hoisting constraints at the mine.  1

The company has further hopes to increase hoisting by another 10-15% by July, as the production contract has been extended to May 2017. India Resources says these measures will ensure its Mosaboni concentrator plant runs at full monthly capacity of 48,000 tonnes.

Indian-government owned Hindustan Copper Limited (HCL) owns the Surda mine in Jharkhand State and invited global tenders for its expansion, which will include shaft sinking, supply and installation of winders, ore handling system and deepening of the inclined shaft.

India Resources has struck a US$30 million deal with the winning contractor Shriram EPC Limited (SEPC) to perform this project on a back-to-back basis as the sub-contractor with SEPC responsible for key financing matters.

“We have also won a US$45 million contract for the development and operation of the Rakha Copper mine, after we put in a bid as a consortium with KOPEX-PBSz. The scope of work includes dewatering, rehabilitation, shaft sinking, installation of new winders for old shafts, development of haulages, and drives and crosscuts over the next five years,” says India Resources’ managing director Arvind Misra.

The company is also continuing a $4.5 million exploration program with the bulk of activities taking place at the Aravalli site in northwest India for base metals. Exploration at the Bonai iron ore project and Amil diamond tenement is also continuing.

www.indiaresources.com.au

Resource Center Whitepapers, Videos, Case Studies

Conferences & Events

No events