Mining technology developer Maptek is providing its 3D Vulcan geological modelling and mine planning software to the Mongolian University of Science and Technology in Ulaanbaatar.

Maptek’s local reseller Information Technology (IT) Experts LLC will conduct training for university staff and provide ongoing teaching of fourth year students in the School of Mining Engineering.

Maptek’s manager of IT Experts Batchuluun Bayanmunkh says the software will assist with preparing students for job opportunities in the private sector and with state agencies. “The School of Mining Engineering has a strong research base that is closely linked to industry. Many of the academic staff come from industry and bring practical, educational and research experience to the faculty.”

The company will provide 15 networked Vulcan licences to the school, giving students access to open cut and underground mine design, pit optimization and geostatistical applications.

Maptek is a leading provider of innovative software, hardware and services for the mining industry. Its products cover the complete mining cycle from exploration to reclamation and are used at more than 1200 mine sites across the world. IT Experts LLC was founded in 2009 as Maptek’s official Mongolian representative for Vulcan software.

www.maptek.com

Resource Center Whitepapers, Videos, Case Studies

Conferences & Events

No events