The AMEC Convention 2013 will be held from September 3-4 at the Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre. Organized by the Association of Mining and Exploration Companies (AMEC), Australia’s peak industry body for mineral exploration and mining, the AMEC Convention 2013 is the key industry event in Australia.
This year the AMEC Convention will present 'The Case for Confidence' in mineral exploration and mining, tapping into current discussions on the future of the industry. It is a must-attend event, bringing together a diverse range of industry leaders to speak on current topics and issues facing the mineral exploration and mining industry.
AMEC CEO Simon Bennison says, “We have chosen topics that will help the industry and service providers stay abreast in the current market. Mining in Australia is currently feeling the effects of an uncertain global market, downturns in commodity prices and difficulties raising capital. This year’s AMEC Convention will set the policy agenda and provide helpful advice on operating in the current climate.”
The keynote speakers this year include:
- Federal Minister for Resources and Energy, Small Business and Tourism, Gary Gray.
- Minister for Mines and Petroleum, Western Australian Government, Bill Marmion.
- Future Fund former chairman David Murray.
- Federal Shadow Assistant Treasurer and Shadow Minister for Financial Services and Superannuation, Senator Mathias Cormann.
- Infrastructure Australia, national infrastructure coordinator Michael Deegan.
- Northern Territory Minister for Mines and Energy, Willem Westra van Holthe.
- New South Wales Minister for Resources and Energy, Chris Hartcher.
- ASX Group managing director and CEO Elmer Funke Kupper.
The two day event will also feature a large exhibition area with a range of small and emerging mining companies, junior mineral exploration companies and service providers to the industry.
This year AMEC is also offering a pre-convention workshop on Monday, September 2 at the Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre. The Opportunity Australia Workshop will provide an introduction to Australian mineral exploration and mining. Featuring a number of high profile industry experts and covering a broad range to topics, this is an ideal workshop for retail or overseas investors and anyone new to the mining and exploration industry.
Some of the key topics covered in this workshop will include Australian Security Exchange rules, JORC code, Australian tax implications, Australian land access, Australian geology and workforce & skills.