Seven Indonesian companies were named in Alpha Southeast Asia’s third annual poll to find South East Asia’s top companies. The awards are based on tallied votes among 473 investors, pension funds, hedge funds, equity and fixed income brokers and analysts with investment interests in the region. Companies in each country were ranked on their financial management, adherence to corporate governance, CSR and investor relations' strategy, transparency and disclosure.
In Indonesia, the seven leading companies with the best perception among investors included conglomerate Astra International, miners Adaro Energy and Antam, leading banks Bank Central Asia and Bank Mandiri, as well as telecom giant, Telkom and telecom infrastructure company Tower Bersama. Strategy driven CFO Pahala Mansury once again transpired as the Best CFO in Indonesia.
Across the region, the award for the Best Annual Report in South East Asia went to Adaro Energy, an aspiring Indonesian mining giant in the making. The award for Best CFO in South East Asia went to Kenny Kim, Group CFO at CIMB, responsible for managing the financial resources of its growing regional footprint, while the award for the Strongest Commitment to Sustainable Energy in South East Asia once again went to Thai Oil for its clear, transparent and consistent CSR goals and aspirations.
A key distinguishing feature of the poll is that it not only names investor favourites, but adventurously publishes names of companies that are perceived to have ‘Poor Management Access & IR’ by this same group of investors. In Indonesia, Bumi Resources, Bakrie Land and Media Nusantara Citra were noted for their poor and unpredictable investor relations’ strategy.
Results for Indonesia are:
• Most organized investor relations (IR): Astra International, Bank Mandiri, Adaro
• Best Senior Management IR Support: Astra International, Bank Mandiri, Antam
• Strongest Adherence to Corporate Governance: Bank Mandiri, Adaro, Antam
• Most Consistent Dividend Policy: Astra International, Telkom, Bank Central Asia
• Best Strategic CSR: Adaro, Astra International, Bank Mandiri
• Best CFO in Indonesia: Pahala Mansury, Bank Mandiri
• Best Annual Report in Indonesia: Adaro Energy