Medusa Mining, through its Philippine operating company Philsaga Mining Corporation, advises that production for the September quarter at its Co-O project will be marginally affected by a delay in commissioning of the new mill. Production guidance for the December quarter remains unchanged.
The upgraded new milling circuit has been commissioned but, during load commissioning, a compartment of the SAG mill power pack failed. The controller to the power pack has also been deemed faulty and has been sent off site for repairs.
This is a vendor supplied, installed and commissioned package and the vendor recommended in early September that the whole power pack and controller be returned to their workshops for repair. It stated that a complete new power pack unit would be supplied within the next 45 days. Therefore, the mill will not be operating until the vendor has installed and commissioned the new controller and power pack unit.
Development on Level 8 at Co-O has started to achieve improving results, including:
- Operation of the ore pass from Level 6 to Level 8 which feeds the underground ore bin by conveyor;
- Connection of the Level 8 development with the ventilation rise from Level 6;
- The discovery of a new vein (Don Pedro) parallel to the cross faulting direction, and so far developed over 100 metres with an average width of 2 metres and an average grade of 8 grams/tonne gold. This is being set up for stoping.
- Intersection of the high grade Great Hamish Footwall and Main Veins, as well as Catto and Jereme Veins. On-vein development on these has commenced.
- Driving south is continuing, aiming to intersect the Great Hamish Hanging Wall and Roysan Veins during September.