Peak Resources has executed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with a Chinese rare earth producer for the objective of developing the 100% Peak-owned Ngualla Rare Earth Project in southern Tanzania.
The Chinese company is an established rare earth producer based in a port city in northeast Jiangsu province, with facilities and technical expertise in the beneficiation, processing and separation of rare earths into high purity rare earth products and an established marketing network.
While the MoU is non-binding, it provides the agreed framework to formalize arrangements for a long term strategic partnership to develop the Ngualla project.
Under the terms of the MoU both parties will work together to co-operate and form a partnership in the following areas:
- Chinese partner to review and provide technical expertise in the further optimization of the demonstrated mineral process developed for Ngualla’s rare earth mineralization including beneficiation, acid leach recovery and separation
- Chinese partner may introduce further parties for the purpose of investment, project construction, processing, engineering studies and marketing
- Examine opportunities for the establishment of a jointly owned separation plant
- A direct investment by the Chinese partner to assist with the development of the Ngualla Rare Earth Project
- Negotiate an offtake agreement for Ngualla rare earth mineral concentrate, mixed carbonate or other intermediate products.
A partnership between Peak, with the large and high quality Ngualla rare earth deposit, and the Chinese company with established rare earth facilities, marketing network and leading technical expertise has the potential to provide great impetus towards the successful development of the Ngualla project into the next low cost rare earth producer.