Germany’s Haver & Boecker, owner of St Catharines, Ontario-based WS Tyler Canada, and Montreal-based Major Wire Industries have reached an agreement to establish a global screening alliance.

Bringing together their collective experience of more than 250 years in screening and a broad product line involving vibrating screens, washing and pelletizing equipment and screen media, the alliance seeks to expand growth opportunities while further strengthening their current capabilities with customers throughout North America and globally.

Representing its parent company Haver & Boecker, WS Tyler initially acquired a 40% share of Major Wire on January 1 and will purchase the remaining 60% in 2016.

In North America, WS Tyler has Canadian facilities in St Catharines, Ontario, and Edmonton, Alberta, and a US facility in Salisbury, North Carolina, while Major Wire has operations in the Montreal area and a US facility in Puyallup, Washington.

WS Tyler management has asked Major Wire to manage its Salisbury woven wire facility with the intent to serve Major Wire’s extensive dealer network throughout the US and in Latin America. All remaining operations for both companies within North America and globally will continue to operate independently. WS Tyler and Major Wire dealers and representatives throughout the world will also continue serving their respective customers and prospects as they do today.

“Our alliance with Major Wire will prove to be a unique opportunity for two family-owned manufacturers to effectively employ their combined strengths and expertise to the benefit of the North American and global mining, mineral and aggregate markets,” says Haver & Boecker joint owner Walter Haver.

“A few years ago, I began developing a succession plan that would ensure that Major Wire would continue to expand and provide a long-term opportunity for our employees after I retire,” explained Major Wire’s president and owner Jean Leblond. He added that he has found a partner that shares the same values, desire to invest in the future and focuses on the customer first.

Major Wire is also celebrating the 15th anniversary of Flex-Mat independently vibrating wire technology, now in its third generation with Flex-Mat 3 Tensioned and Modular versions. The company says that since its introduction in 1996, Flex-Mat technology has revolutionized the screening industry, providing solutions to common screening challenges and a way to increase product value and return on investment. Previously, self-cleaning screen media was mostly available through European manufacturers, resulting in long lead times and high costs for North American screening operations.

Jean Leblond solved this problem when he began locally manufacturing tensioned self-cleaning screen media produced without cross wires, that lasts up to three times longer than traditional woven wire. Since then, Major Wire has been able to manufacture the product cost effectively with competitive lead times for screening operations throughout the world.

Flex-Mat technology is made of crimped wires assembled side-by-side and held together by distinctive lime-green polyurethane strips. Major Wire says because each wire vibrates independently, it increases material screening action and in-spec material throughput, virtually eliminates blinding, pegging and clogging and reduces downtime spent cleaning or replacing screen media.

Major Wire further advanced Flex-Mat technology by introducing 305mm x 305mm panels for modular screen decks in 2007 and 305mm x 610mm modular panels in 2011. Flex-Mat vibrating wire technology has been proven in more than 20,000 aggregate, mining and recycle applications worldwide.

www.majorwire.cc

Resource Center Whitepapers, Videos, Case Studies

Conferences & Events

No events