Draig Resources has appointed a new chief operating officer in a bid to progress the company’s focus on developing Mongolian coal resources. Yin Wong has more than 25 years experience in the resources industry and has spent much of his professional life in development and advisory roles within the coal sector, covering mine planning, mine monitoring, project development and coal trading.

Yin Wong has lived and worked in Asia for the past 8 years. In his new role at Draig, Yin Wong will be responsible for the development of the company’s existing coal licences, the establishment of key operational management roles and responsibilities, and business development

Draig’s managing director Mark Earley says, “We are pleased to have secured somebody of Mr Wong’s calibre to join our management team. His qualifications are a perfect fit for Draig as we develop our Mongolian coal licences and seek other coal opportunities in Mongolia, as well as in Indonesia.”

Most recently, Yin Wong worked for commodities trading house Noble Group, where he was responsible for coal trading and business development in the Central Kalimantan region of Indonesia in the capacity as vice president.

Other previous roles held by Yin Wong include mine development manager for the Asmin Koalindo Tuhup coking coal project in Central Kalimantan and a senior mine planning role with Kaltim Prima Coal in East Kalimantan. He has worked for a major Australian mining consultancy group, assessing projects in both China and Mongolia, as well as working for Rio Tinto in the NSW Hunter Valley.

Draig is developing eight prospective coal licences in Mongolia’s Ovorhangay and South Gobi provinces. The company is embarking on a geophysical survey and 2012 exploration program, with the aim of defining a JORC-compliant resource by June this year.

www.cnow.com.au

Resource Center Whitepapers, Videos, Case Studies