New higher grade intersections from the latest drill program at Asia Now’s Beiya project in southwest China’s Yunnan province have extended the main gold, silver and polymetallic zone. Highlights from the 33-hole program include 5.8 metres @ 1 gram/tonne gold, 121.6 grams/tonne silver and 9.9% lead and zinc, and 10.5 metres at 1 gram/tonne gold, 48 grams/tonne silver and 4.8% lead and zinc.

The new drill holes expand the main gold-silver and base metal zone to 2480 metres by 180 to 700 metres and it remains open to the northwest and east. The main zone is adjacent to the open-pit Beiya gold mine that produces 200,000 ounces of gold annually. This mine is not part of Asia Now’s property.

Asia Now’s chief technical advisor Dr Noel White says, “We are very pleased that not long after completing an initial NI43-101 resource estimate late last year, we have already expanded the main zone at Beiya. The continuing growth is encouraging us to commence a pre-feasibility study as soon as possible. In addition to finalizing our preparations for the study we will continue to drill several new highly prospective copper-gold targets in the Beiya area.”

The Beiya property is one of two key projects Asia Now is exploring in China. It owns 72% of the property, with an option to increase its stake to 90% in the Beiya North prospect, which is a joint venture between Asia Now and Yunnan Non-Ferrous Geology and Mineral Resources. The company’s president Kaihui Yang says under the leadership of an experienced management team, Asia Now is taking exploration into the next phase and preparing for the potential mine development.

The Beiya project is 60km north of the city of Dali, which is a 35 minute flight from Yunnan’s capital Kunming. The two cities are serviced by daily flights, a railway and a paved highway between them.

www.asianow.ca

Resource Center Whitepapers, Videos, Case Studies

Conferences & Events

No events