The Mongolian Resource Corporation (MRC) is about to commission stage one of its carbon in pulp (CIP) gold plant at the Blue Eyes project in central north Mongolia, after receiving the relevant government approvals for mine construction to start. The front end engineering and design work for a 400 tonne per day plant at the project is complete.

The project is in the Bornuur Soum territory of Tov province, about 150km from Ulaanbaatar. The 85%-owned project is within the North Kentii gold belt where high grade gold was first discovered in 1913. The multi-million ounce Boroo gold mine is located along the same major fault structure. Blue Eyes has been partially defined by exploratory underground development in the 1980s.

The plant’s second stage has been designed with excess capability in the crushing circuit of up to 1500 tonnes per day and initial total capacity built around a grinding capacity of a 3.8 metre diameter x 4.5 metre ball mill.

MRC says in the event that the current exploration program outlines a larger resource, the plant has been designed to accommodate additional ball mills if required, to increase capacity. The circuit is almost a duplicate of the adjacent Boroo gold mine plant which treats 7500 tonnes of feed per day of similar quartz mineralization.

During the remaining Mongolian winter months, MRC will focus on completion of a turnkey construction of the plant’s stage 2.

MRC’s managing director Tony Bainbridge says the company will begin concentrate production from the already completed 100 tonne per day flotation plant next month, once temperatures rise above -10°c and the water sources and frozen ground start to thaw. He says there are stockpiles of ore ready for treatment through this facility.

www.mongolianresourcecorporation.com

Resource Center Whitepapers, Videos, Case Studies

Conferences & Events

No events