Maptek has released its latest I-Site laser scanning technology, impressing mine surveyors with its reliability and accuracy. The global mining software developer launched the new 8810 version of I-Site at the recent MINExpo in Las Vegas.

“The I-Site 8810 with I-Site Studio 4.0 software is a combination that can’t be beaten for easy fieldwork,” says Maptek’s I-Site Laser scanning manager Athy Kalatzis. “It has the toughness and reliability that miners need, and the workflow and accuracy that surveyors demand.”

The I-Site 8810 retains the long range and panoramic imaging capability of the 8800 version while adding some of the must-have features of the I-Site 8400 laser scanner. A new wireless link means the scanner controller no longer needs to be tethered. A new interface and layout make for greater flexibility and faster set up, and battery time extends continuous operation to six hours.

On-board controls allow the laser scanner to be operated in the field with no other peripherals attached, while optional on-board USB or tablet PC scan storage makes data easier to handle.

Other features include a fully integrated compass for even easier vehicle scanning and registration, and a new calibration for the vehicle mount removes the impact of the vehicle on the compass, allowing uninterrupted capture of reliable data.

“Operation is so much simpler with the one controller for both the scanner and GPS through an integrated GPS interface. The latest technology Panasonic Toughbook is the most rugged tablet in the world, with an extended temperature range and solid state hard disk,” says Athy Kalatzis.

The 8810 version can also withstand operation at sub-zero temperatures and storage temperatures of up to minus 40 degrees.

Maptek’s new intelligent pulse algorithm automatically analyzes the multiple waveform returns, giving the I-Site 8810 scanner an accuracy of 8mm out to 200 metres. This makes it suitable for more detailed survey applications.

Maptek products, including I-Site, are used at more than 1200 sites across 60 countries, making it a leading provider of innovative software, hardware and services for the mining industry.

www.maptek.com

Resource Center Whitepapers, Videos, Case Studies

Conferences & Events

No events