Canadian-based Monument Mining has appointed a new chief operating officer to its executive team to focus on developing the company’s Malaysian assets. Todd Dahlman is a mining industry veteran with 25 years’ experience across technical, engineering, maintenance and mine operations for companies including Rio Tinto, Freeport-McMoRan and Shell Canada.

Monument’s president Robert Baldock says, “I am very pleased to welcome Todd to join our senior management team at this important stage when Monument moves forward to manage and develop multiple projects in Malaysia including the Mengapur polymetallic project. Todd’s management experience in planning and implementing mining, exploration and production operation programs, combined with his technical and business training, provide an excellent perspective from which to improve our effectiveness and efficiency of operations.”

Two other appointments were made to the executive team, with Ian Dunlop named as general processing plant manager and John Shaw-Walker appointed in the general security manager’s role.

Ian Dunlop has more than 35 years’ experience with process plant design, construction and operation, metallurgy test work and plant and mine management. He has held the process plant manager’s position at Kinross Gold’s Chirano gold mine in Ghana, West Africa, and previously held senior positions with AMMTEC (Australian Metallurgical & Mineral Testing Consultants) and at Western Mining Corporation’s Hill 50 Gold Mine.

John Shaw-Walker has 34 years’ experience in policing and mining security with expertise in all facets of security, surveillance, investigations and emergency response. Since the mid- 1990s he worked in diamond, gold and iron ore mines with CITIC Pacific Mining, MCC Mining and Argyle Diamonds within the Goldfields area of Western Australia. Prior to entering the mining sector, John Shaw-Walker was a sworn officer with the Western Australia Police Service for 16 years.

“Monument continues to invest in key technical management. Ian’s wealth of metallurgical and processing plant experience is indispensable for fine tuning the Selinsing process plant, improving gold recovery, and contributing to determining process design at Mengapur.

“John’s expertise with securing diamonds and gold, along with his solid police background will be instrumental in designing, enhancing and maintaining security programs at our Selinsing Mine and the Mengapur mine site,” said Robert Baldock. The company has also hired a site controller and other technical support staff to enhance its professional team at its Malaysia sites.

www.monumentmining.com

Resource Center Whitepapers, Videos, Case Studies

Conferences & Events

No events