The Philippine affiliate of Canadian resources company TVI Pacific, TVI Resource Development (TVIRD), has taken out three of the top gongs at the 2012 Presidential Mineral Industry Environmental Awards (PMIEA). The event was held during the National Mine Safety and Environment conference in Baguio City.

TVIRD was the winner in three categories, which the company says is testament to its safe operating policies. The company took out the Presidential Mineral Industry Environment Award, receiving the highest-level platinum award in this category, and was announced the winner in the Safest Surface Mining Operation category as well as the Safest Mineral Processing/Concentrator category. TVIRD was also awarded 3rd runner up in the Best Mining Forest category.

The PMIEA event was established in 1997 to recognize the social and environment initiatives and achievements by private companies in the mining industry. TVIRD has won numerous gongs in previous years including the Safest Mining Operation, Safest Mineral Processing and Safest Surface Mining Operation in 2011 and the Titanium Award for Excellence in Environmental Management in 2010 and 2011.

“TVIRD’s consistence in receiving high-level environmental and safety awards year-after-year demonstrates the company’s continuing commitment in operating ethically, safely and with high standards of excellence,” says the company’s president Clifford M James. “Recognition by the PMIEA through awards of excellence confirms our company’s dedication to and practice of responsible mining.”

Meantime, TVIRD has completed its 32nd shipment of copper concentrate produced at its Canatuan mine, with 5083 tonnes containing 18.13% copper leaving the port of Santa Maria in Siocon, Zamboanga del Norte. The shipment to MRI Trading AG will earn the company US$11.5 million.

Production remains steady at the Canatuan mine, achieving copper concentrate grade levels between 17 and 20%. TVIRD anticipates that future shipments of copper concentrate will continue every six to eight weeks.

www.tvipacific.com

Resource Center Whitepapers, Videos, Case Studies

Conferences & Events

No events