Rugby Mining has started site preparation for upcoming geophysical surveys and drilling programs at the Mabuhay Porphyry Project in Surigao, north eastern Mindanao.

The Mabuhay program will consist of +30 line kilometres of 3D-Induced Polarization surveying intended to define porphyry-style gold-copper mineralization in the immediate vicinity of the previously producing Motherlode epithermal gold mine.

Rugby recently announced an option agreement to acquire up to an 80% interest in the Mabuhay project. The project is close to a number of significant projects, including the recent Mapawa gold-copper porphyry discovery.

This historic underground mine is reported to have produced some 500,000 ounces of gold, although the mine-site is not the company's exploration priority at this time. The planned diamond drilling program will consist of two phases, the first of which is scheduled to begin in April.

A contract for the geophysical work has been granted to Austhai Geophysical Consultants. The survey is intended to define drill targets both in areas of known mineralization and over newly identified prospects elsewhere on the property.

The Surigao region of the Philippines has recently experienced heavy rainfall and flooding. With anticipated improvement in local weather, a track-mounted drill rig for the Phase 1 program is scheduled to be mobilized to site in early April. The initial +2000 metre drilling program will focus on testing the targets delineated by the IP survey.

Canadian-based Rugby is an emerging mineral resource company focussed on the discovery of large scale gold and copper projects. The management team has a track record in the successful exploration and development of major resource projects in various mining jurisdictions.

it also has the Interceptor Porphyry Project in Argentina, the Comita copper-gold prospect in Colombia and has an option to acquire up to a 90% interest in the Hawkwood project which covers 427sqkm of prospective copper-gold and iron licences in Queensland, Australia.

www.rugbymining.com

Resource Center Whitepapers, Videos, Case Studies

Conferences & Events

No events