Gemcom Software International has released a new version of its geology and mine planning software Gemcom Surpac. Surpac 6.2 addresses all requirements of geologists, surveyors and mining engineers, delivering efficiency and accuracy through ease-of-use, powerful 3D graphics, and workflow automation that can be aligned to company-specific processes and data flows.
Gemcom says considerable time-savings can be achieved in Surpac 6.2 thanks to a new, powerful algorithm for digital terrain model (DTM) creation, saving users hours per day when working with complex calculations. Further release features include improvements to the drillhole database, greater block modelling functionality and enhancements made to the interoperability of data between systems used in conjunction with Surpac.
Gemcom’s product line manager Eli Alston says, “The enhancements made in Surpac 6.2 are the direct result of our discussions with users and the industry. With professional skills in ever shorter supply and with geologists and engineers tasked to do more in shorter periods of time, software ease-of-use and functionality that saves time is more important than ever.
“Surpac is the most widely used geology and mine planning software in the world today in part because it is well known for offering powerful capabilities that are easy to use, allowing new users to become proficient quickly. This is particularly important when staff are new to an operation or the industry.”
Surpac 6.2 highlights:
- Rapid DTM creation – up to 10 times faster.
- New 2D transform DTM function enables users to transform DTM surfaces and 3D solids from one coordinate system to another.
- Enhanced data interoperability between systems often used with Surpac, including Gemcom Whittle and AutoCAD 2010.
- Enriched drillhole database with added capabilities for specifying minimum and maximum values for drillhole labels.
- Expanded block modelling functionality.
Gemcom has also announced the release of Gemcom GEMS 6.3, the latest version of its collaborative geology and mine planning solution.