Mongolia-focused exploration and development company Kerry Gold Mines has appointed Bill Colvin as CEO and managing director.

Kerry is a privately held company that has been established by the Kuok Group of Hong Kong to explore and develop mineral resources in Mongolia. The appointment of Bill Colvin highlights the company’s strategy to progress its open-cut gold and underground copper-gold projects into production.

He brings a wealth of gold mining and managerial experience to lead Kerry. He joins Kerry following five years as CEO of BCD Resources where he was instrumental in bringing the Tasmania Mine back into commercial production and restructuring BCD.

Prior to his time he had been general manager of the Stawell Gold Mine of MPI Mines and Leviathan Resources, general manager-group operations at Goldfields Ltd and general manager of the Henty Gold Mine.

“Mongolia has become a region of global significance for the mining industry. It is very exciting to be involved with the challenge of developing new gold and copper-gold mining operations at this stage of the industry’s development in the country,” Bill Colvin says.

Resource Center Whitepapers, Videos, Case Studies

Conferences & Events

No events