Komatsu Australia has released a premium-specification version of its WB97R-5EO backhoe, the ‘Platinum’ version, incorporating a full range of what were previously options as factory standard. These include two-way attachments piping, hose-burst protection on key hydraulic elements, fully hydraulic sideshift, integrated factory air conditioning and Komatsu’s KOMTRAX remote monitoring system, along with a range of other features.
Komatsu Australia’s national sales manager, utility, Carl Grundy says the WB97R-5EO Platinum reflects the fact that the backhoe/loader market has become far more sophisticated in recent years. “The entire backhoe market – contractors, owner-operators, local government – is more sophisticated and is demanding higher-specification machines.
“The backhoe is no longer just a shovel for doing a bit of digging and loading, it’s a versatile utility machine that is expected to do a whole range of jobs. And owners and operators are demanding increased comfort, safety, versatility and productivity.”
The premium-spec features of the WB97R-5EO Platinum include:
- Two-way attachments piping, allowing a complete range of attachments, such as hammers, augers, compaction plates, profilers and others to be fitted with no additional modifications
- Komatsu Genuine Attachments (KGA) hydraulic quick hitch
- Hose-burst protection valves on the backhoe, loader and stabiliser hydraulic lines, to protect workers and operators in the event of a hose failure
- Full hydraulic sideshift
- Integrated factory air conditioning and window tinting
- Four-in-one bucket
- Air suspension seat
- Dual LED safety beacons on the cabin roof
- KOMTRAX remote monitoring system