Recent drilling by Kingsrose Mining has returned high grade gold and silver assays from the Talang Santo prospect, about 7km north of its operating Way Linggo Gold Mine.1

Surface reconnaissance works and diamond drilling have outlined a swarm of epithermal veins in the Talang Area which all show strong evidence of the area being another epithermal vein cluster similar to the Way Linggo mine. The company is currently drilling scout holes into these prospects.

Drilling at the Talang Santo prospect has located significant commercial grade intercepts within the sparsely tested system. Significant intercepts from the last two holes include

1.1 metres @ 46.9 grams/tonne gold and 87.9 grams/tonne silver from 176.6 metres (including 0.5m 98.9 Au and 164.9 g/t Ag), and 4.35 metres @ 10.0 grams/tonne gold and 25.2 grams/tonne silver from 195.85 metres; and 2.4 metres @ 7.5 grams/tonne gold, 35.5 grams/tonne silver from 109.3 metres, and 3.9 metres @ 9.18 grams/tonne gold and 21.2 grams/tonne silver from 115.5 metres.

Kingsrose executive chairman John Morris says, “These initial results are very exciting for the company. We have only drilled a handful of holes into this vein and already it is showing high grades. The system remains open in most directions and the strike length, so far, is approaching that seen at the Way Linggo mine. This is only one of many veins in the Talang region and we are excited by the overall potential.”

Meanwhile, Kingsrose has appointed Chris Start as managing director. He has more than 23 years of experience in the mining industry, working as a metallurgist, in management positions and as a consultant at a number of mine sites including Kidston, Murrin Murrin, Granny Smith and Boddington.

Chris Start also has international experience working as the processing manager at Mt Muro gold and silver mine in Indonesia and as general manager at the Musselwhite gold mine in Canada. In addition to his extensive operational experience, he has several years of corporate experience with Dominion Mining and Australian Goldfields.

Chris Start says, “I am very excited about stepping in to my new role as managing director and using my experience to help take the company to the next level. Way Linggo is an amazing project. It is a small high grade producing gold mine generating a healthy cashflow. We are now in a position to expand the existing mine as well as aggressively explore to unleash the vast potential in the rest of the CoW.

“With the de-bottlenecking of the processing plant and the imminent installation of the SAG mill, our immediate focus will be on developing additional mining sources to increase production. We are only in the very early stages of a large exploration program, yet we are already seeing positive signs in our early exploration as shown in the recent results from the Talang prospects.”

www.kingsrosemining.com.au

Resource Center Whitepapers, Videos, Case Studies

Conferences & Events

No events