Software company Gemcom has installed a data integration and reconciliation computer program to centralize the database at Straits Resources’ Tritton copper mine in western New South Wales.

Located near the town of Nyngan, the Tritton underground copper mine has been in operation since 2004. In the first quarter of 2011, the mine produced 23,936 tonnes of copper.

Straits says it needed a single solution to the operation’s data management requirements and had the Gemcom Insite software installed to eliminate its reliance on time consuming manual entry spreadsheets.

“We have introduced a central data repository where all mining production information is entered into one system. From here we will draw all of our daily, weekly and monthly production reports”, says Straits’ mine geology superintendent Katie Yamaguchi. “This project will reduce data double handling, improve accuracy of data used for reporting, and provide a single source for all production data.”

Streamlining the mine’s processes into a consolidated data tracking system is expected to increase productivity across the operation. The company says the ability to track material movements and stockpiles ensures accurate reporting of actual production activities against targets.

“Already utilizing several Gemcom products, Tritton knew they could trust InSite to provide a solution to their data management needs,” says Gemcom’s executive vice president Allen Vaughn. “As the leader in stockpile management and reconciliation, InSite provides confidence in data accuracy, while its superior data integration capabilities will save the operation large amounts of time on data entry, eliminate errors, and ensure they make efficient use of their systems. InSite will serve to increase Tritton’s productivity considerably.”

www.gemcomsoftware.com/InSite

Resource Center Whitepapers, Videos, Case Studies

Conferences & Events

No events