• CHINA - 99.9% purity lithium carbonate at Jiangsu plant

    Galaxy Resources has achieved commercial production of 99.9% purity lithium carbonate at its Jiangsu plant. The plant is the fourth-largest in the world, and recent adjustments and improvements have resulted in production of the higher specification product, with the operation originally designed to annually produce 17,000 tonnes of battery grade (99.5%) lithium carbonate.  1

  • CHINA - Green light for New Pacific acquisition

    Conditional approval has been given to New Pacific for acquisition of the RZY silver-lead-zinc project in Qinghai province. The acquisition will involve the company acquiring a majority interest in Silvercorp Metals’ wholly-owned subsidiary Fortress Mining for a payment of US$3.5 million.  1

  • CHINA - Majestic increases Song Jiagou production

    Majestic Gold says gold production at its Song Jiagou gold mine increased in the December quarter for a total of 4813 ounces from 456,487 tonnes of ore.

  • CHINA - Asia Now to undertake evaluation of Beiya

    Asia Now Resources will carry out a strategic evaluation at its Beiya Gold-Copper Project in Yunnan province after independent exploration at the site has identified poor rock mass and quality.  1

  • CHINA - Galaxy recommences Jiangsu operations

    Galaxy Resources has recommenced operations at its Jiangsu lithium carbonate plant, after receiving clearance for repair works to affected pipes which exploded in November last year.  1

  • CHINA - Sparton sells off Lincang assets

    A major Chinese germanium producer has purchased Sparton Resources’ production assets within the Lincang district for Can$2.16 million. The purchase by Yunnan Lincang Xinyuan Germanium Industry Stock Company includes Sparton’s Huajun mining licence and associated infrastructure. The Huajun germanium/coal production facility is China’s fourth largest.

  • CHINA - Minco announces 2013 asset plan

    Minco Gold says it will sell non-core Chinese projects to generate working capital for its primary assets. The company completed a detailed review of its Chinese properties in 2012, which pointed to a renewed focus on its core Longnan projects in Gansu province. Three drill holes at the site were completed late last year with assay results yet to be received.

  • CHINA - Jiangsu plant prepares to recommence operations

    Galaxy Resources is replacing some of the fibreglass pipes at its Jiangsu lithium carbonate plant with stainless steel sections to ensure the risk of another freak fatal explosion is minimized.  1

  • CHINA - Minco Silver sets 2013 production goal at Fuwan

    Minco Silver says it has the funds to put the Fuwan silver project into commercial production this year. The company says it will continue to advance the permitting process, with a revised environmental impact assessment and water monitoring survey report submitted to the Chinese environmental protection authority.  1

  • CHINA - Eldorado almost hits 2012 production target

    Eldorado Gold Corporation has fallen just 631 ounces short of its 2012 production target of 660,000 ounces of gold, with almost half of the total production achieved at its Chinese operations.  1

  • CHINA - Foreign uranium exploration steps up a notch

    China’s National Nuclear Corporation (CNNC) is fast tracking its uranium mining exploration in Australia, Africa and Central Asia in a bid to meet growing demand for the element. In the wake of the European debt crisis, the state-owned energy company says it has good opportunities to expand its foreign mining operations.  1

  • CHINA - New Pacific to acquire majority share in RZY

    Canadian explorer New Pacific Metals will acquire an 80% interest in Silvercorp Metals’ subsidiary Fortress Mining for a payment of US$3.5 million. The sale agreement also gives New Pacific the option of acquiring the remaining 20% of the company within two years for US$5 million, after capital expenditure of US$15.9 million at its RZY silver-lead-zinc project in Qinghai province.

Resource Center Whitepapers, Videos, Case Studies

Conferences & Events